Each summer the administrative team reviews our progress relative to our five-year strategic plan: CF Vision 20/20. This summer, the team identified the following goals:
- Focus Area #1 – College and Career Readiness
- By the end of the 2018-2019 school year, the district will help close the achievement gap for all students, by increasing the performance index for students with disabilities by 5% in English Language Arts (ELA ) and math as reflected on the 2019 Local Report Card (LRC).
- By the end of the 2018-2019 school year, each elementary will implement two new strategies to increase kindergarten readiness experiences.
- By the end of the 2018-2019 school year, 15% of CFHS Cohort 2019 graduates will be enrolled in a two-year degree program.
- Focus Area #2 – Culture of Excellence
- By the end of the 2018-2019 school year, Black Tiger Pride (BTP), Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) program, will be implemented in every building and department district-wide.
- By the end of 2018-2019, our faculty, staff and BOE will participate in PBIS (BTP) training.
- By the end of 2018-2019, our faculty, staff and BOE will participate in social justice/diversity training.
- Focus Area #3 – Community Engagement
- We will achieve a new Master Facilities Plan by April of 2019
- By October 30. 2018, each building or department will establish a community engagement committee which will plan and host a minimum of three community engagement events during the 2018-2019 school year.
- Focus Area #4 – Facilities and Resource Leveraging
- The second FY19 School Foundation Payment Report (SFPR) of June will reflect a 5% reduction in the number of transfers out of the District (Open Enrollment, Community School and Special Needs Scholarships).
- By the end of 2018-2019 CFCSD staff will strengthen partnerships in support student achievement by way of increasing outside revenue (grants/donations) by 10%.
- By the end of FY19, CFCSD Administration and the BOE will determine and implement a financial recovery plan based on the findings of the Performance Audit.