The Board of Education of the Cuyahoga Falls City School District, Ohio (the “Owner”) in accordance with Ohio Revised Code Sections 153.65 through 153.71 intends to contract with a professional design firm for professional design services (“Professional Design Services”) in connection with the Project as described below.
I. Project Description
The Project entails: (i) the implementation of the Owner’s Master Facilities Plan consisting of the construction of a new 6-12 grade facility, (ii) new stadium, (iii) new auditorium, (iv) possible construction and renovation of new school facilities; and (v) construction, equipping and improvement of additional school facilities and sites as deemed necessary by the Owner.
II. Scope of Professional Design Services
The Professional Design Services may include but are not limited to: assessing current facilities; programming; development of conceptual plans, specifications and design criteria; assisting the Owner in evaluating statements of qualifications and technical and pricing proposals of a construction manager at risk; standard design and construction document phase services; bidding/negotiation/GMP proposal phase, construction phase, closeout phase services; civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, technology, sound and lighting, landscape design and engineering services; and such additional services as may be necessary or appropriate.
III. Evaluation Criteria for Selection
Statements of qualifications should separately describe the firm’s capabilities to provide the Professional Design Services, and the statements of qualifications should include:
- (a) A cover letter that provides the name, address and phone number of the office where the personnel assigned to the Project will be based and principal contact person;
- (b) Company overview including the number of years in existence, legal form of firm, location of home office, number of licensed professionals and general firm history;
- (c) The technical training, education and experience of the firm’s owners and key personnel who will be assigned to perform services on the Project;
- (d) The technical training, education and experience of the firm’s current staff;
- (e) Experience with the Ohio Facilities Construction Commission (OFCC), and in particular with the Expedited Local Partnership Program (ELPP) and Classroom Facilities Assistance Program (CFAP);
- (f) Experience in designing middle school-high school combination buildings for public school districts;
- (g) Experience with construction manager-at-risk delivery method for public school construction.
- (h) List five (5) projects relevant to this project’s scope completed within the past five (5) years;
- (i) Any previous work performed in connection with the Owner;
- (j) Proximity of the firm to the Project site;
- (k) Other similar information.
In the event the firm proposes a joint venture with another firm, the film’s statement of qualifications should provide the same information with respect to the proposed joint venturer and its qualifications as the firm provides with respect to itself and its qualifications.
IV. Questions and Inquiries
Questions regarding interpretation of the content of this Request for Qualifications must be directed to: Joseph Bagatti, Director of Business and Operations, Cuyahoga Falls City School District, 431 Stow Avenue, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 44221, email: email@example.com.
Answers to any questions shall be in writing and distributed by email. The Owner will also endeavor to notify firms who are on record with the Owner as having received a copy of this Request for Qualifications when answers to questions are distributed. It is therefore imperative that firms provide full and accurate contact information to the Owner, including email addresses, and updates will be deemed to have been validly given if emailed or otherwise furnished to each firm’s contact person of record.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, all firms will be presumed to have actual knowledge of all information posted on the Owner’s web page relating to the Master Facilities Plan, and firms shall not avail themselves of incomplete knowledge and/or lack of familiarity of this RFQ and any addenda thereto resulting from the firm’s failure to register with and provide accurate contact information to the Owner and/or a firm’s failure to check the Owner’s webpage. Interpretations, corrections and changes of the RFQ which are made in any manner other than a written addendum will not be binding. The name of the party submitting questions will not be identified in the answers.
Firms considering responding to this Request For Qualifications, are strictly prohibited from communicating with any member of the Owner’s staff or representatives of the Owner except as set forth in this Part IV or if otherwise under contract with the Owner.
V. Submittal Instructions
Firms interested in being considered should reply with eight (8) individually bound statement of qualifications and one (1) PDF copy via email not later than 12:00 Noon EST on Wednesday, October 28, 2020. Statements of qualifications received after this date and time will not be accepted.
Statements of qualifications should be sent to the attention of:
Cuyahoga Falls City School District
431 Stow Avenue
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 44221
Attention: Joseph Bagatti, Director of Business and Operations
VI. Selection Process
Responding firms will be evaluated separately and ranked in order of their qualifications. As a part of this evaluation the Owner may or may not hold interviews with individual firms. The Owner expects to enter into contract negotiations with the firm ranked most qualified to perform the services needed. Statements of qualifications received in response to this RFQ will be placed on file by the Owner.